IT'S TIME WRAP UP YOUR CAMPAIGN BY MAY 15
Click here for online wrap up report for Pennies for Patients
Click here for online wrap up report for Bring the Change
Thanks for leading the Hero Squad at your School. Below are resources to help you with your Pennies for Patients campaign.
If you need additional help please contact your Greater Bay Area campaign staff:
Electronic Versions of Campaign Materials
- Volunteer Coordinator Guide - your "go to" for a successful campaign!
- Parent Letter - English & Spanish
- Honored Hero Poster - letter sized
- Wrap up Report - send with your donations within two weeks of the end of your campaign. See "Time to Wrap Up" section below for additional tools to help you manage donations & complete the campaign.
- New: click HERE to fill out your Pennies for Patients Wrap up Report online
Strategy & Planning Tips
- Set a fundraising goal - tips on how to set a motivating and realistic goal
- Set up online classroom pages - or, send roster of teacher names, email address, grade & classroom to Janna.Katz@lls.org & we'll set these up for you! This will make Hero Gear distribution much easier!
- Recognize an Individual Student Certificate - use to reward a student's unique accompishment
- Ten Ways to Promote Pennies for Patients
- 5 minute announcement about Pennies - share at morning meeting or PTA
- Sample Principal Email to Parents - start of campaign
- Sample Principal Email to Parents - mid campaign reminder
- Sample Teacher Email to Class Parents
- Daily Announcements - also on page 13 of the volunteer guide
- Sample Daily announcement re Free Ticket to Great America
- How your donations help - for parent/donor inquiries
- Greater Bay Area local impact - what your dollars are doing in our community
Prizes & Tracking Tools
- Prize Overview - in addition parents who raise $250 or more with a Facebook Fundraiser can earn $25 Amazon Gift Card - see "Online Fundraising made Easy" below
- Hero Gear Flyer - includes Great America ticket at $150 online
- Great America Flyer - students raise $150+ online and earn free ticket good through Labor Day 2019
- Tshirt Flyer - students raise $50+ online and earn Hero Squad Tshirt
- Sample hero gear report - you'll receive a daily email to see who has earned what online prize. The amount your school has raised online may differ from the daily email total which is pulled once a day. The most accurate amount can be seen on front page of your school website. If the donation amount on your hero gear report is different than the online total it may be that someone has donated to the school page and not a specific student in which case it will not appear. If this was done in error please contact Online Fundraising Helpline - see section below Online Fundraising Made Easy.
Online Fundraising made Easy
- How do I find my school website?
- How do I set up classroom pages for teachers? - or send roster of teacher name, email addresss, grade & classroom to your staff partner and we can set these up for you.
- How can I change the goal on my online fundraising page? - the default goal is $2019 but you can change it if you wish!
- Parents guide to setting up an online fundraising page for their student & add Facebook Fundraise
- Parents can earn $25 Amazon Gift Card by raising $250 with Facebook Fundraiser - please share this email with parents.
- Images to customize your facebook fundraiser
Online fundraising helpline! - did a parent donate to a school page instead of a student page? Send this document to the parent to allow them to call LLS to resolve the problem.
- Request Additional Materials Here! - including Hero Gear prizes, class & student boxes, parent letters. We will ship these to you asap!
Note: If your materials have not arrived & campaign start is less than 2 weeks away please contact us ASAP
Time to Wrap Up
Let us know we can count on your support next year by saying YES to Pennies for Patients 2019-20 on your wrap up report!
- Wrap up Report - send this in with your donations within two weeks of the end of your campaign
- New! Click HERE to fill out your Pennies for Patients Wrap Up Report online
- FAQ regarding Campaign Wrap Up - step by step intructions
- Donation Management - coinstar & wrap up instructions
- Reimbursement Request - school raises $750+ and prefers reimbursement up to $50 for party treat of your choice.
- Olive Garden lunch request - if you are within 15 minutes of an Olive Garden restaurant & have raised $750+
- Assemblies, Student Council Meeting, Strategy Meeting, Orientation - let us know your dates and times to meet
- Link to Pennies Orientation - if you are new to the campaign or a first time school we can review this with you by phone
- Assembly Description - find out why an assembly is the best way to kickoff your campaign!
- What's new in 2018-19? - helpful information about this years campaign changes.
- Request Olive Garden lunch dates - if you are within 15 minutes of an Olive Garden restaurant & have raised $750+
- Done in a Day - easy 1 day ideas that work
- Dare to Donate - challenge students to reach their goal by taking on a dare.
- Stuck for a Buck - all ages love to tape adults with duct tape to a wall!
- Penny Wars - creative way to have a grade level challenge
- Spirit Week "Bring the Change" - students dress up & bring in coins to match
- Fun in Fundraising - even more ideas to try
- March Ideas - Pi Day & St Patricks day fundraising
- April Ideas - April Fools & Thomas Jefferson's birthday
- May Ideas - Mother's Day, Star Wars Day & More
- Letter to local business - use to approach local businesses for a donation or fundraiser
STUDENT COUNCIL INFO PACKETS
- Middle & High School - handout
- Elementary School - handout
- Elementary Leadership Class Powerpoint Presentation
- Middle School Leadership Class Powerpoint Presentation
- High School Leadership Class Powerpoint Presentation
If you need STEM curriculum links resent please contact your campaign staff
PENNIES FOR PATIENTS VIDEOS
- Link to Pennies for Patients Video Library
- Link to "Join our Squad" - 2 minute video for Elementary Schools
- Link to additional recommended videos
- Kids talk to kids with cancer
BRING THE CHANGE
- Bring the Change 1 week stand alone program
- Bring the Change parent letter in Spanish
- Bring the Change Spirit Week - poster: hold a spirit week during your Pennies for Patients campaign
- Bring the Change Wrap Up Report - download hard copy
- Bring the Change ONLINE Wrap Up Report
KIDS CAN WRITE TO LOCAL HONORED HEROES - tips for teachers